What Is “Emotional Processing” and Why Does It Matter?
- Emotional Processing is the ability to experience, differentiate, and express the emotions you have going on inside you.
- Processing your emotions stops you from being haunted by them and reduces the likelihood of you living in a state of “Chronic Emotional Activation” which means your body is in a constant stress-response. You are irritable, unfocused, scattered, tired, and fidgety.
- When you are not living in Chronic Emotional Activation, you can access your body’s rejuvenation response, which means you can access states of creativity, relaxation, and motivation.
How does Healthy Emotional Processing help clear my mind?
- Its hard to think properly and stay focused on the task at hand when you are preoccupied with something else.
- Being “preoccupied” with something means you are emotionally activated or upset by it.
- Process and clear the emotional upset and the mind becomes clear and able to focus again.
How can processing emotions help my physical health?
- Physical health is more than just about diet and exercise.
- There are so many ways Chronic Emotional Activation causes problems with the body.
- It interferes with getting restorative sleep;
- weakens the immune system; stops the body’s Repair and Rejuvenation sequence, causing premature aging and disease;
- creates chronically tight muscles causing pain and soreness and making it more like to injure yourself while playing sports, if you fall, etc;
- causes chronic inflammation and its related mental and physical disorders, including weight gain, heart disease, diabetes, etc.
- In other words reducing or eliminating Chronic Emotional Activation may be the single more important thing you can do to stay physically (and psychologically) healthy, right up there with exercise and a healthy diet!
How does processing emotions help my relationships?
- The less distracted and upset you are by the your work and the day to day challenges of life, the more fully you can show up and be present for your family, your friends, and co-workers.
- Emotional Processing also helps you break out of any dysfunctional patterns you are stuck in with some people, allowing healthier and more loving ways of being with that person.
How can can feeling my emotions help me have a happier life?
- Most of us have a few unconscious Feeling Beliefs that weigh us down and stop us from trying to achieve our full potential.
- We are unknowingly being driven and hindered by emotional distortions in how we see ourselves and the world around us.
- When we practice Emotional Processing, we update our impressions and are able to make better decisions, engage with friends, family, clients and colleagues more fluidly, and remove the habitual patterns which unconsciously sabotage our relationships, goals, and our visions.
What makes it different than other processes?
- Many self-help, healing, or spiritual practices don’t fully acknowledge all three levels of processing: The Intellectual, the Emotional, the Physical (and Behavioural)… and if they do, it’s often accidental.
- Most processes favour one domain as being the only domain which must be worked with, sometimes leave the practitioner disconnected from their body, rigid, or “in your head”.
- Also, the Bio-Emotive Framework has several unique insights about the emotional system, one of them being Dr. Douglas J. Tataryn’s discovery of the 9-Core Feelings – nine feelings through which we are wired to experience and perceive our relational status.
What type of people can benefit from The Bio-Emotive Framework’s programs?
- We’ve designed programs for everyone from families, to athletes, to people in business
- We have a powerful self-paced eCourse as well as a powerful and informative 6-week group training programs we offer throughout the year.
- You can also buy our eBooks and Audio programs for support in your learning.